Adults @ Home Learning & Fun (Checked 3/30 @ 1 p.m.)
We have a list for kids, too! Check it out.
- Oklahoma Virtual Library - Use your Stillwater Public Library card to borrow e-books, e-audiobooks, streaming videos, and digital magazines! Need to get a card or have fines? We can work it out! Give us a call at (405) 372-3633 x8111 or email email@example.com
- Ebsco Host - The library's database for accessing full-text magazine and journal articles (Use your library card number to access from home)
- JSTOR - A digital library that normally requires a subscription is giving access to 6,000 of its ebooks and more than 150 journals to the public
- Project Muse - Working with publishers to make scholarly content temporarily available
- Scribd - Offering ebooks, audiobooks and magazine articles accessible for free for 30 days
- Project Gutenberg - Always free! Download classic books in the public domain, including Jane Austen, Mark Twain and more!
- Folger Shakespeare Library - Read all of Shakespeare's plays, sonnets, and poems for free!
- LibriVox - Free public domain audiobooks
- Audible is offering a collection of free audiobooks to stream. Mostly children's books, but there are several classics!
- Pronunciator - Learn more than 80 languages including ESL classes (create an account with your library card)
- Class Central - Massive open online courses (MOOCs) from Ivy League Universities on topics like business, art, philosophy, computer science, math, and more
- Open Culture - Wide variety of free online courses including MOOCs, lectures from well-known authors and intellectuals, plus free movies, recordings, books and more
- SBA Classes - Access free business classes from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- GCF Learn Free - Online tutorials on a wide variety of topics! Excellent variety of computer and tech topics. See all topics here.
- Google Hangouts - Hangouts is free, and Google recently announced that in response to COVID-19 they are rolling out Hangout premium features to all GSuite and GSuite Education customers.
- Zoom Meeting - Offers free accounts with some restrictions. Free webinars & training during COVID-19.
- Microsoft Teams - Offering six months of access in response to COVID-19. Learn more.
- Total Health - Stillwater's Total Health fitness center is posting classes on Facebook so you can exercise at home
- YMCA 360 - On-demand exercise classes currently at no charge
- EkhartYoga - Currently offering free online yoga and meditation classes
- Red Earth Yoga - Live classes at 4 pm (Central) on Facebook. Registration is requested.
- Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative - Virtual classes in Tai Chi, Caregiving, Staying active and more
- Julia Child Collection - Stream episodes of her cooking shows, watch interviews and more via PBS
- Milk Street - You can now access Milk Street's online cooking school for free through April 30, 2020
- Kitchen Quarantine - The famous Chef Massimo Bottura is offering free Instagram live cooking classes. Watch previous episodes here.