Census Central @ Your Library
The official ending of the 2020 Census count will be October 16th at 5AM local time
Complete the census online at my2020census.gov or call 844-330-2020 to complete the census over the phone. Want to respond by text? Just text "Respond Now" to 313131.
- This survey is called the Household Pulse Survey and is different from the Census.
- Your response will help policymakers better understand the pandemic's impact on employment, education, health, food, and housing security.
- The form will take about 20 minutes to complete. Results will be compiled weekly on the Census Bureau website.
For information about why the census is important to our community, how the process will work, and frequently asked questions, please visit paynecountycensus.org. The City also has some great informational videos that provide quick overviews:
- Why the 2020 Census is Important to You
- Stillwater Mayor Talks about the 2020 Census
- 316 federal programs that use census data to determine how to distribute funding
Census 2020 invitations have gone out by mail, so be sure to check your mailbox. Here is an example of what the invitation looks like.
Visit my2020census.gov to complete the census questionnaire. You can also call 844-330-2020 to complete the census over the phone.
You can complete the census online or by phone without your invite and code, you'll just have to put in your physical address.
How We Can Help
Librarians hope to make completing the census as easy as possible, but cannot fill out the census for community members. Librarians also will not be collecting personal information from citizens, but can provide the following:
- Information about the census
- Answers to questions about the census process
- Computer access to complete the census online
- Wifi access to complete the census from your own device. The Wifi networks are available outside of the building as well. The password for the secure network is #9SPL2!!
- Help with technical assistance, for example, how to use a drop-down menu; how to move a mouse, etc.
The adult services librarians are available throughout library hours to answer questions