Requesting material: Place a request for material, in one of two ways.
- Place a “hold” in the catalog. Most of you have placed a hold when items are checked out by someone else. For this service, just click that same hold button in the catalog next to the item you want to borrow. If the book is checked out, there will be a wait time. If the book is on the shelf, we will receive an alert to pull it for you.
- If you do not have internet access or an electronic device, call 405-372-3633 (choose option 2) to speak with a circulation staff member who will place your requests.
Items available: Books, videos, and audios will be available for checkout. Kits and Interlibrary Loans are not available at this time. You may request 15 items per card.
Appointment for pick-up: When your items are available, staff will contact you to schedule an exact pickup day and time. Please note that depending on staffing and the number of requests, your items may not be available for several days. Curbside pickup appointments are available Sundays 1:30-4:30 p.m., Mondays-Thursdays 9:30 a.m.-7 p.m.; and Fridays and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Picking up material by appointment:
- When you arrive at the library, park under the overhang by the southwest entrance.
- Remain in your vehicle and call 405-372-3633 (option 2). Give staff your name, card number, and vehicle description. If you do not have a cell phone, staff will arrange pick-up procedures with you when they call you for your appointment.
- Please have the trunk open or the window to a completely empty backseat rolled down.
- Staff will bring items that have been checked out and bagged to your vehicle and place them inside. Staff will not hand items directly to a patron.
- Staff may not hold conversations, take returns, fine payments, or additional book requests while dropping off your materials.
- To ensure the safety of staff and patrons, social distancing will be maintained at all times. In addition, we will be wearing masks for your safety and we ask that you wear a mask for ours.
Returns: The due date for material checked out prior to our closing was May 22 and fines have now gone back into effect. Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours, so your account will not immediately reflect your return. You will not be fined for those quarantine days.
If you had a kit or backpack checked out before library closure that will not fit into the book drop, call 405-372-3633 (choose option 2) to schedule a drop-off.
Donated material: No donated books, movies, and other items can be accepted at this time. Please do not put any donated items in the book drop or outside the library doors.