The library has downloadable services that allow you to read, listen to stories or browse magazines wherever you are, whenever you like! And don't forget about our online databases for genealogy, learning languages and more. See them on our database page.
The very first app that let you enjoy the virtual library, the OverDrive app, is in the process of being phased out.
Starting February 23, 2022:
- The OverDrive app will be removed from the Apple App Store, Google Play, and the Microsoft Store.
- Users who previously installed the OverDrive app (mobile or desktop) will still be able to use it without disruption. (It will eventually be phased out, but not just yet.
- Libby is not available for Kindle Fire yet, so if you use a Kindle Fire, you will continue to use (and can still download) the OverDrive app.
- If you are using a computer (Windows, Mac or Chromebook) you will access Libby through your web browser at libbyapp.com.
The Oklahoma Virtual Library (also called Overdrive) has thousands of downloadable books you can use with your tablet, e-reader, phone, laptop, or computer.
The Libby App is how most OKVL users will access the eLibrary. The app is compatible with iOS 10+ and Android 5.0+ and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. If you have a Windows or Mac computer or a Chromebook, you won't download an app. You'll access it in your web browser at libbyapp.com.
- SPL Getting Started with Libby Video
- Libby Help Page
- Libby Basics Printable Sheet
- Short Libby Video Demos On: Navigating the app, Borrowing a title, Changing your loan period, Sending titles to your Kindle, Viewing your progess in a book, Changing your reading settings, Playing & viewing your progress in an audiobook, Managing nofications, and Labeling the navigation bar
Download audiobooks from Oklahoma Virtual Library (Overdrive) in WMA or MP3 format.
Many popular magazines are available from Oklahoma Virtual Library
Stream videos from Oklahoma Virtual Library (Overdrive).