Access the Oklahoma Virtual Library
The library has downloadable services that allow you to read and listen to stories wherever you are, whenever you like! And don't forget about our online databases for genealogy, learning languages and more. See them on our database page.
The very first app that let patrons enjoy the virtual library, the OverDrive app, is in the process of being phased out. OverDrive plans to fully discontinue the app at the end of April 2023 in favor of the newer app for accessing the Oklahoma Virtual Library, Libby.
- Users who previously installed the OverDrive app (mobile or desktop) will still be able to use it for now, but it will be phased out at the end of April 2023.
- While Amazon has not yet accepted the Libby app to the Amazon Appstore, Kindle Fire users can download the app manually.
- Users accessing the virtual library on a computer (Windows, Mac or Chromebook) will access Libby through a web browser at libbyapp.com.
- The Library will have classes on how to use Libby. Check the programs page to see when classes come available.
The Oklahoma Virtual Library (also called Overdrive) has thousands of downloadable books you can use with your tablet, e-reader, phone, laptop, or computer.
The Libby App is how most OKVL users will access the eLibrary. The app is compatible with iOS 10+ and Android 5.0+ and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. If you have a Windows or Mac computer or a Chromebook, you won't download an app. You'll access it in your web browser at libbyapp.com.
- SPL Getting Started with Libby Video
- Libby Help Page
- Libby Basics Printable Sheet
- More Detailed "Getting Started with Libby" Guide
Download audiobooks from Oklahoma Virtual Library (Overdrive) in MP3 format.