Computer and Digital Resources
The library's goal is to provide the equipment and training to everyone who needs it to help them fulfill their work, school, life, and learning needs. Several funding opportunities help the library achieve this goal, including:
- Federal eRate and Oklahoma Universal Service Fund - the eRate and OUSF program provide 100% of the funding for the library's high-speed Internet service. The eRate also provides 60% of the funding for network equipment that keeps the library's computers and Wi-Fi running consistently and quickly.
- LSTA grants - Funds provided through the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries (ODL) allow the library to upgrade, replace, and maintain computer networks and to buy additional equipment. In 2021, IMLS and ODL provided the 40% funding needed to purchase battery-backup units and additional switches through the eRate program. This equipment keeps the library's internet up and running for you!
Computers & Internet (FREE)
12 internet accessible desktop computers are available for use with the following features:
- High Speed (100 mbps) internet
- Microsoft Office 2010 with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher
Internet terminals are accessible with your library card. People who are not eligible for a free card may get a guest pass with their photo IDs at the Help Desk.
Our Computer Use Policy directs the appropriate, safe usage of our equipment.
Children's Computers (FREE)
A highly filtered internet-accessible computer is available near the Help Desk which is reserved for children who have cards allowing filtered use only. The filtered computers block email access, social media, and more images and pages. The choice to make your child's internet use filtered is available on the library card application.
Computer/Internet Printing (.10 per page)
Printing from the library computers is available at our printing station near the Help Desk. All computer print to the one printing station where you will manually release your print jobs.
The library provides high-speed wireless internet for laptops and mobile devices from 6 AM to 11 PM. Secured connections are available with a password from the Help Desk.
Fax (See pricing below)
Outgoing faxing is available on our self-serve fax which requires a credit, debit card to use. It accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards. At this time the library does not offer incoming fax service. Prices for outgoing service include:
- USA, Canda & Caribbean: $1.75 for the first page; $1.00 per page thereafter.
- International: $3.95 for the first page; $3.45 per page thereafter
Copiers (B&W .10, Color .50)
Two photocopiers are available including a black & white copier and a color copier. The copiers have the following features:
- Feed tray
- Copies in sizes 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14 and 11 x 17
- Black & White copies are .10 per page
- Color copies are .50 per page
Scanning is available on our color copy machine. Scanning requires a flash drive, but those without one can inquire at the Help Desk for assistance. Scans are converted to PDF documents and the service is free.
Microfilm/Microfiche (.15 per page printing)
Two microfilm/microfiche machines are available in the Genealogy room. Copies are .15 per page on the printing machine. The other machine provides digital access and requires a flash drive to save images.
The library has a state of the art Cisco videoconferencing system to help businesses, students, and organizations work quicker and smarter with others across the globe. The system includes audio and video feed and is available with the rental of Room 119. For more information, contact the Meeting Room Coordinator at 405-372-3633 x8103.
The library's 10 desktop PC lab is available with rental of Room 119. Limited access is available due to COVID-19 restrictions. The computers include Microsoft Office 2010. For more information, contact the Meeting Room Coordinator at 405-372-3633 x8103.