Coming in Summer 2021: Tails and Tails
The theme for our Summer Reading Program 2021 is Tails and Tales: Animals and Stories! More info will be available in April/May 2021. Don't forget that the library also has a Winter Reading Program, and this year's theme is Choose Your Own Adventure!
Welcome to a new and reimagined Summer Reading Program!
SUMMER READING ENDS JULY 31! Thank you for reading with us Stillwater!
If you earned a lanyard and super cool buttons for reading and completing challenges, you may stop by the Stillwater Public Library during open hours to pick them up starting Wednesday, August 5. If you’d prefer not to come inside the library, you can call (405) 372-3633 x8106 to arrange a curbside pickup time.
Not sure if you’ve earned a lanyard and buttons? Visit http://bookpoints.library.stillwater.org to double-check, or give us a call at (405) 372-3633 x8106. Buttons were awarded for hitting reading goals: 5 hours, 10, hours, 15 hours, 20 hours, and 35+ hours (super reader) AND for completing themed challenges: Let the Games Begin, Art Guild, Village Life, Wizard Training, and Once Upon a Time.
Grand prize winners will be announced and contacted on Saturday, August 1.
Summer Reading 2020 is all online using BookPoints. It's an easy to use, entertaining summer reading platform that will let you keep track of how much you've read and what you've been reading. We've also included learning and activity challenges to help you keep your summer packed with fun! Plus, you'll get to collect awesome digital badges! Meeting reading goals and completing challenges will earn you a lanyard with cool buttons that you can pick up at the end of the summer.
- Summer Reading runs from June 1 to July 31
- Sign up on BookPoints
- Everyone can participate -- there are programs for kids, teens, and adults!
- Read, read, read!
- Log the minutes you read to earn prizes!
- At 300 minutes, win a lanyard
- Win buttons for 600, 900, and 1200 minutes
- Lanyards and buttons can be picked up Wed Aug 5th at the library
- Paper tracker to print off to help keep track of reading time before entering online
- Grand prize drawing -- get an entry for every 300 minutes you read
- Awarded in each age group: a $100 gift card to the local business of winner's choice
- Drawing will be held after July 31
- Complete challenges
- Five sets of challenges will be released throughout the program (about every two weeks)
- Find secret codes by completing challenges
- Earn a super cool button for each secret code you find
- Special reading activities get you into the spirit of the summer reading theme
- Earn a digital badge for each activity you complete
- See if you can collect more badges than your friends!
- We're going to miss seeing you! Summer is usually a time that kids and teens flock to the library for performers, activities, and movies. We're sad we can't do those things this year but public health is important and we want to do our part to help keep our community safe.
- In past summers we've given out coupons and goodies throughout the summer to readers. That is not part of the program this year. Instead, everyone will get to win digital badges--and don't forget about the lanyards and buttons you can earn to pick up at the end of the program.
- If you do not have access to internet at home, please stop by the library to get registered and pick up a paper tracker.
Read our press release about the Summer Reading Program.
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
Major sponsors include Friends of the Stillwater Public Library, Stillwater Public Library Trust, U.S. Institute of Museum & Library Services, and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.