GrankseekingThe library no longer has funding to support the Grantseeking database, Foundation Directory Online. Below are free sites that will assist with grantseeking.
Learn about grant-writing, fundraising, and other topics by taking free, self-paced webinars from the Foundation Center and GuideStar's site candid.org.
They offer free in-person and online training opportunities as well as on-demand and self-paced learning opportunities on numerous topics, including, proposal writing, fundraising, how to start a nonprofit, and more at learning.candid.org.
- Introduction to Finding Grants
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders.
- Before You Seek a Grant: A Checklist for New Nonprofits
This class is designed for new or aspiring nonprofits to help them determine their readiness for fundraising.
- Creating a Nonprofit Business Plan that Works
Learn the essential components of a business plan, how to tailor it to fit your mission and techniques for carrying out your plan to attract funders.
- Introduction to Proposal Writing
For those new to proposal writing, this video covers how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation, including the basic elements, "do's" and "don'ts" and how to follow up.
- Introduction to Project Budgets
This class provides step-by-step instructions on how to generate a standard project budget for a foundation proposal.
- Storytelling for Fundraising Success
How can you best feature nonprofit stories to connect with your donors?
OTHER HELPFUL WEBSITES
Candid is an organization created by the Foundation Center and GuideStar. They provide online tutorials, training and tips to help people get the information they need to start nonprofits, find funders, write grants and more.
- Philanthropy News Digest
PND is a daily news service of Candid that features philanthropy-related articles culled from print and electronic media outlets nationwide.
Grants.gov is your source to find and apply for federal grants. Grants.gov does not provide personal financial assistance.
BOOKS - The following items are located in the reference section and available for use in the library.
- The Foundation directory (REF 361.7 FOU)
- The Foundation directory Part 2 (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Foundation grants to individuals (REF 361.76 FOU)
- Securing your organization's future: a complete guide to fundraising strategies (REF 658.15 SEL)
- The 21st-century nonprofit: managing in the age of governance by Firstenberg, Paul B. (REF 658.048 FIR)
- After the grant (REF 658.15 AFT)
- America's nonprofit sector: a primer by Salamon, Lester M. (REF 361.7 SAL)
- The board member's book: making a difference in voluntary organizations by O'Connell, Brian (REF 361.7 OCO)
- The Foundation Center's guide to proposal writing by Geever, Jane C. (REF 658.15 GEE)
- Foundation fundamentals (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Grantseeker's guide to winning proposals by Margolin, Judith B. (REF 658.15 MAR)
- Guia para escribir propuestas by Geever, Jane C. (REF 658.15 GEE)
- International grantmaking IV: an update on U.S. foundation trends (REF 361.7 INT)
- Social justice grantmaking II: an update on U.S. foundation trends (REF 658.152 SOC)
- The Foundation Directory Supplement (361.7 FOU)
- Foundations and Public Policy: Leveraging Philanthropic Dollars, Knowledge, and Networks for Greater Impact (REF 361.7 FOU)
- Guide to Funding for International & Foreign Programs (REF 361.7 GUI)
- National Directory of Corporate Giving (REF 361.763 NAT)