AARP tax volunteers plan to offer assistance of some kind this year, but they are still figuring out what it will look like. As soon as we have more details we will post them on our website and spread the word.
2020 1040 Tax Forms & Instructions
- 1040 forms have arrived!
- 1040 instruction booklets have been ordered. We are not sure when they will arrive, but it is usually in mid to late January through early February.
Oklahoma State Tax Forms
Oklahoma no longer sends paper forms to public locations. The library will not be receiving any paper copies.
Details for accessing state forms and additional federal forms are located below. If you know which forms you need library staff can print them out for you. Printing costs are 10 cents per page.
All tax products, except for ones in duplicate and triplicate, are available to print online at the IRS website. You can also request copies to be sent to you via mail by using the online form or by calling 1-800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).
You can request hard copies of Oklahoma tax forms by calling (405) 521-3165 or 1-800-522-8165. Forms are also available to download online.
The IRS will no longer provide the library employment-related forms such as W-2, 1099 MISC, or 1096. You may call 1-800-829-3676 to request copies, as the versions available online are not eligible for mail-in. You can also order online.
Free Online Filing Options for Qualified Taxpayers
Several tax preparation sites offer free online filing for households that qualify. Some, but not all, of the services also offer free filing for state returns. Please carefully read the qualifications to determine which site offers the services you need.
- http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/State-Links-1 - provides links to each state's taxing agency. Use the links to find online state tax forms.
- http://taxtopics.net - links to some of the most helpful webpages and explanations on a wide array of tax topics..
Website reading for "Tax Planning for Retirees"
The links below are suggested reading from Dr. Dennis Bertholf, retired OSU Professor of Mathematics:
- 6 Smart Ways Taxpayers Can Save Money on Their Tax Bills
- 10 Smart Steps to Minimize Taxes and Penalties on Your RMDs
- When to Take Your First Required Minimum Distribution From an IRA
- Two strategies to simplify your taxes in retirement